Predictive Oncology Inc. (NASDAQ: POAI) is a data and AI-driven discovery services company that provides predictive models of tumor drug response that are used to improve clinical outcomes for patients.
- A database of clinically validated historical and outcome data from patient tumors
- An in-house Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)-certified lab
- A “smart” patient-derived tumor profiling platform
- An in-house bioinformatics artificial intelligence (AI) platform
- A novel approach to growing tumors in the lab that mimics the tumor in the patient’s own body
- An FDA-approved fluid collection and disposal system
Using these resources, and in collaboration with key players in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotech industries, Predictive Oncology is working to accelerate the search for more individualized and effective cancer treatments.
- Leverages proprietary data and artificial intelligence to accelerate the development of new precision medicines for cancer
- Clinically validated patient-derived (PDx) tumor profiling platform, TruTumor™ had over $200M invested and was clinically validated in ovarian cancer
- Unique Database of tumor drug response and genomic profiles that includes more than 150,000 tumors across 137 cancer types tested using the CLIA regulated PDx platform
- Portfolio of subsidiaries provides international market presence and diversified approach
- Strategic partnerships with pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and diagnostic companies
- Operates through three wholly owned subsidiaries, each with significant contributing assets
Precision medicine, precisely targeting drugs based on the genomic profile of the patient’s tumor, has become the aspiration for cancer therapy. However, the reality is that while we can find many mutations in the patient’s tumor most are not actionable with current drugs. So, the race has begun to generate more data to understand which mutations are associated with what drug, in order to target therapy, a process that can take 5 to 7 years of clinical evaluation to gather outcome data.
Enter Predictive Oncology – leveraging our unique, historical database of the drug responses of over 150,000 patient tumors to build data-driven predictive models of tumor drug response. These models will provide actionable insights critical to both new drug development and individualizing patient treatment.
Predictive Oncology enjoys substantial competitive advantage. The company already has a vast historical database of tumors and related data, plus the ability to obtain the associated outcome data. While others must wait for outcome data, Predictive Oncology is in a unique and powerful position, working to deliver the promise of precision medicine. Predictive Oncology presently has the clinical information, including tumor drug response data and an in-house bioinformatics AI platform. The significance of our approach is underscored by the collaboration with UPMC Magee-Women’s Hospital, designed to validate a predictive model of ovarian cancer to determine which mutations in the patient’s tumor are associated with tumor drug response and patient outcome. This model of ovarian cancer will then be used to guide treatment options for patients as well as develop new drugs in partnership with Pharma companies.